- Lose It: Weight Loss And Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Gua Sha for Healthy Skin
- Acupuncture for Carpal Tunnel
I had always been afraid of needles, but a friend’s astounding success with acupuncture treatments following knee replacement surgery provided the encouragement I needed to try it for chronic sinusitis and relief from foot and hip pain that ended my four-days-per week dancing activities several years ago. Within a few... Read more »When I began treatments with Linda at Purple Dragon, I had been dealing with a very stiff neck for about 2 months. I was able to turn it only slightly either to the left or right and was afraid of the cumulative effects on my 66 year old body. I had tried chiropractic, hot packs... Read more »
My family feels very fortunate to have found Linda Phelps and Purple Dragon Healing Arts. My father suffered a massive stroke while visiting Seattle. After reading how beneficial acupuncture can be in the stroke setting, we began our search. Linda graciously traveled to the skilled nursing facility several days a... Read more »
I just discovered I have been (for the past 2 years plus) at twice the safe recommended daily dose of Dilaudid (80 X stronger than Morphine). 2 acupuncture treatments from Linda, and I am now at the lowest pain level in 16 years! I will be a slave to narcotics... Read more »
Linda Phelps, LAc, has helped subside my Achilles tendonitis and Plantar fasciitis with acupuncture treatments. The pain in my heels was completely eliminated for several days after treatment, and inflammation went down as well in my Achilles so by body could heal itself. After a few more treatments I am... Read more »
Linda has such a soothing bedside manner. She is very open, asks questions and really listens to what you have to say. It is easy to relax because you just feel so comfortable around her. With the main thing I asked her to focus on, I felt an immediate change, and it stayed... Read more »
I have a history of suffering severe motion sickness. Thanks to Linda’s treatment, I was able to comfortably attend a family wedding aboard a rented yacht. I even took a few turns around the dance floor without any nausea or dizziness. It was amazing!
– J.G., Richardson, TX
While helping lift a piano onto a stage, I suffered severe back pain and was taking pain medication. After acupuncture treatments by Linda, I did not have any pain and have not taken pain killers since. I would never have believed that acupuncture could work so well and so fast.
-N.E.,... Read more »
Leave your name and email address here to receive a FREE copy of Linda's e-book, How To Thrive In The Modern World: A Layperson's Guide to Chinese Medicine, and be added to our mailing list for news & updates.
Rehab therapy for Linda's husband's paralysis
Click the Donate button to contribute to Linda's husband's rehab therapy for strokes and spinal cord injury
One of the most wonderful things about being an acupuncturist is the ability to stimulate points on my own body when I need to. If I get a headache, or feel a cold coming on, I can always hop up on my table for a quick tune-up with some needles. Even when I’m not at the office, the magic of acupuncture can still work for me – as long as I know where the points are and what they do, I can press on them and get results. continue reading
No matter what you’re trying to accomplish, setting goals is one way to help you get there. Often, when people have no goals, they lack motivation, focus and direction. Setting goals also provides a benchmark to determine whether or not you are succeeding. But how do you set goals if you’ve never done so before? Or what if you have set goals in the past, but you didn’t achieve them? Do you just give up and tell yourself that goal setting doesn’t work? That’s one option, but let’s put things into perspective. continue reading
near the Greenlake Bathhouse Theater
Informal gathering of neighbors for healing and
fellowship. We’ll provide white candles. No need to bring your own candle unless you wish.
Self-healing you can do at home…
1. I enjoy softly listening to this soothing musical mantra for healing. “Om tare tutarre ture svaha” can protect our minds from negative thoughts and vibrations, and it awakens our inner compassion.
2. A very easy way to calm your mind and emotions is the acupressure technique of massaging your ears to stimulate hundreds of acupoints on the ear that represent the entire body. Place your thumb on backside of ear and your index finger on frontside, as though you’re pinching your ear but massage in circular motion. Move around the entire front and back surfaces of both ears for 1-2 minutes. They will soon feel warm, and your mind will relax. You may do this during the day when you’re stressed or at night to help you sleep.
3. Try one Random Act of Kindness each day. It could be as simple as complimenting a stranger on something you admire about them, such as their jacket or necklace. Or pay double for your coffee and ask the barista to use the extra to buy a coffee for the next person in line. Something I love to do is carry Andes chocolate mints or Hershey chocolate kisses in my purse and give them to people I encounter during the day — for no reason at all — cashiers, someone next to me in a checkout line or crosswalk, a friend, etc. It brightens their day and their sudden smile brightens mine. Click here for other suggestions.
4. Listen to a purring cat
I wish you peace. — Linda
Do you ever feel your life’s a ride that won’t ever stop? How many nights do you wait for Mr. Sandman to magically appear? How often do you truly take time for yourself? Do you have aches and pains almost daily? Are over-the-counter or prescription medications controlling your life? When was the last time you actually felt at peace? If any of these questions resonate with you, then it might be time to look at Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture for an answer. People in Asian countries have known the magnificence of acupuncture for thousands of years. Traditional Chinese Medicine is growing in popularity in the United States and here are some reasons why you might want to consider utilizing it also. continue reading